Occupancy Dates & Residential Guidelines
- August Check-in Day and Orientation: Halls open August 29, 2019, for first-year students arriving in the fall.
- January Check-in Day and Orientation (for J-Start students ONLY): Check-in/ move in is in January.
- Thanksgiving break: Residence Halls will be open during Thanksgiving break, but campus services will be limited.
Winter break: Halls close on December 19, 2019, at noon and reopen on January 18, 2020, at noon.
- End of Spring Term: Halls close on May 9, 2020, at noon. All residents must vacate their campus residence twenty-four (24) hours after their last final exam each semester.
All students are required to follow the Residential Guidelines as set forth in the Student Handbook.
Deciding What to Bring…
Trinity College provides each student with a bed frame, mattress, desk, desk chair, bureau, and either a wardrobe or a closet. Each room is wired for computer networking, WiFi, and basic cable TV service. You do, however, need to bring your own computer and TV.
We suggest making arrangements with your roommate(s) if you are planning to bring major appliances such as a refrigerator, television or stereo. Please refer to the Student Handbook (section on Residential Guidelines) for a list of prohibited items, such as halogen lamps, toaster ovens, full and three-quarter size refrigerators, and pets. Also, if you are bringing tapestries, be sure they are flame-resistant, and they may not cover outlets or fixtures.
The following is a list of items that may help make your “home away from home” more comfortable!
- Towels and washcloths
- Iron and tabletop ironing board
- Linens for an “extra-long” twin mattress
- Blanket(s), comforter or quilt
- Folding shoe rack
- Plastic crates
- Fire resistant wastebasket
- Surge protectors
- Under-the-bed storage
Personal Care Items
- Bath shoes (flip-flops)
- Bath caddy/bucket for toiletries
- Health care items (e.g., Tylenol, band-aids, cold remedies)
Laundry and Cleaning Supplies
- Laundry detergent
- General household cleaner
- Laundry basket/bag
- Cleaning Supplies
Other Items to Consider
- Stereo headphones
- Desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Sporting equipment
- Cable lock for laptop or desktop computer
- Posters/pictures and non-permanent gummy adhesive to put them on walls
Protect your belongings!
Now that you have decided on what to bring to campus, make sure you keep it safe!
Every year there are students and parents who unfortunately are surprised to learn that the College does not assume liability for personal property (computers, clothing, etc.) for any reason. We, therefore, suggest that you examine your homeowners/renters policies and evaluate whether to purchase an additional student personal property policy. The CSI Insurance Agency, Inc. has gained our permission to offer their product, so we have included a link for your convenience. However, you are certainly welcome to research other policies if you wish.
The CSI website includes the following helpful tools:
- An online calculator to help you value your belongings
- Insurance quotes
- Comparison to a homeowners policy
Assignment Details & Room Decorating Tips
Room assignments will be available early August.
View Your Assignment Details
- Housing Assignment & Roommate Information
(available in early August, requires Trinity username and password)
- View residence hall floor plans
(choose your residential area, then building)
Room Decorating Tips
Now that you have your assignment, here are some tips on how to decorate your new room.