Trinity strives to be a residential college and currently houses over 90 percent of matriculated students in college-owned and -operated housing.
Students are allowed to petition to live off-campus on a space-available basis. 175 students will be allowed to live off-campus (housing not owned by the College) based on completing the application and their housing lottery number.
Trinity College is not involved in making off-campus housing arrangements for students. Students are responsible for arranging their housing off-campus. Once the application deadline has passed, students will be notified if they have been approved to live off-campus for the following academic year.
Students are strongly encouraged not to sign a lease until they receive approval to live off-campus!
Please be advised:
- Students who lived off campus for the 2021 – 2022 academic year are not automatically approved.
- All students including those currently living off campus must submit a new application.
- Members of Greek Houses who wish to live in their organization’s house are required to submit an application.
- Members of Greek organizations are not guaranteed to be approved to live off campus.
- Students who are studying abroad in the fall 2022 semester and plan to live off-campus in the spring 2023 semester must complete an application.
- There will be no separate application process for the spring 2023 semester.
- Approvals will be made in lottery number order.
- The cap of 175 approvals will NOT be raised for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
- Students who sign leases prior to being approved will not be automatically approved to live off campus.
- The fine for electing to live off campus without approval is $2,500.
Please use the following link to apply for off-campus housing for the 2022-2023 academic year: https://ncv.microsoft.com/cw1rX70K6V. The application will remain open between March 1st through March 13th.