The Trinity College’s Archives, a unit within the Watkinson Library, collects, preserves, and makes available the official records of the college, as well as other documentary material related to Trinity College (Hartford, Connecticut). The College Archives holds over 2000 linear feet of material.
The “official records” of Trinity College are materials in any format created, received, or maintained by College personnel in conducting the official business of the college which have been evaluated by the College Archives for long-term preservation within the college archives.
“Other documentary material” may include non-official materials of enduring value related to Trinity, which have been collected or donated to the college archives by faculty, staff, alumni, or others, according to collection guidelines established by the Trinity College Archives.
Explore the Watkinson Library and Sample the History of Trinity College:
Types of Materials in the College Archives:
The College Archives contains materials not listed here. Some categories of items(*) may have temporary access restrictions.
- Official college publications
- Publications by or about Trinity faculty, staff, students, and alumni
- Student Newspapers
- Senior and Masters Theses
- General Student Work
- Board of Trustees Minutes*
- Secretary of Faculty (Meeting) Minutes*
- President’s Papers*
Student and Alumni Organization Records
- Fraternity and Sorority records
- Literary society records
- Independent student groups
- Service organizations
Personal/Family Papers related to Trinity Presidents, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, or Students
- e.g. Pynchon Family Papers
- e.g. Curtis Family Papers
- Plaques and statuary removed from campus locations
- Ceremonial Objects
- Department photographs (e.g. Communications Office Photos)
- Photographs taken by students, faculty, or staff
- Plans of the William Burges-Francis Kimball design of the Long Walk
- Oral Histories
- Athletics Films
- Theater Performances
*Please consult the Trinity College Archives’ Access and Restrictions Policy for more specific access information.