Request, Borrow & Reserves
Request materials through the SGA Special Fund for Library Materials
In 2021 the Library received a generous financial donation from the SGA to be used to help students with the cost of research. Funds from this donation may be used to purchase:
- Course texts that all students may access
- Books, data sets, or access to digital resources for a research project or senior thesis. (Faculty sign-off will be required)
- General materials for the Library collection
Submit a request from the SGA Fund
Submit a general purchase request
Borrow Print From Trinity
OneSearch is the primary way to determine if a book is held in the library. If you find a book in Trinity’s collection you may:
- Find in the stacks by call number and use our Self Check Out station on Level A near the Library & Information Technology Desk. You must use your Trinity ID.
- Request that the book be pulled from the shelf by staff and held for you to pick up near the desk. In OneSearch from the book record:
- Log in to see options
- Select Request Options > Request
- The item will be checked out to you and staff will notify you when the item is ready for pick up
Any book that is checked out for more than 7 days may be recalled by another user. Once that period has passed, the current borrower is sent a notice requesting that the item be returned by a specific date. Once returned, it will be held for the next user for pickup at the Library & Information Technology Desk.
Your Trinity ID functions as your borrowing card and can be used to check out books.
When Trinity Doesn’t Have the Book You Need
- Borrow from libraries around the world using Interlibrary Loan.
- Ask the library to Purchase the book
Library Materials for Course Reserve
We can assist faculty in preparing library-owned content to be used in courses. We have a variety of options for using streaming video, and we can digitize print materials. Also, see also our guide on “Sharing Course Materials” for guidance on Fair use and copying for educational purposes.
Check Your Accounts
Log in to your borrower’s account through OneSearch to check what books you have checked out and pending requests.