MAC 10.12+ FortiClient VPN
Please note that this version of VPN should only be used for connecting to servers such as tamba. For access to library databases and online journals, do not use VPN, but use the library instructions for EZProxy instead.
These instructions are for Mac OS 10.12 and higher. To check what version of Mac OS you have, click on the Apple menu in the upper left hand corner and select About This Mac.
1.) First download the Mac FortiClient for VPN to your computer, unzip it, and click on the FortiClientVPNOnlineInstaller_6.4 to launch the installer.
2.) Follow the instructions for the installation. Once the installation is successful, you may close the window.
3.) Launch the FortiClient.app from the Applications menu.
4.) Accept the terms and conditions. Click on Configure VPN.
5.) Enter the following information to configure VPN:
- VPN Type: SSL VPN tab selected
- Connection Name: Trinity VPN (or a name of your choosing)
- Remote Gateway: waldo.trincoll.edu (leave check boxes blank under this setting)
- Client Certificate: None
- Authentication: (check Save Login box)
- Username: username (replace username with your Trinity username)
6.) Click Save.
7.) Enter your password in the password field and click Connect.
8.) To disconnect, click Disconnect.
Additional installers for other devices can be found at https://www.forticlient.com/downloads.