Digital Scholarship Tools
The Digital Scholarship home page provides an overview of Digital Scholarship & Digital Humanities services, activities, and projects at Trinity. Listed below are articles from the Research, Instruction, Technology blog on using digital tools for a DS/DH project.
- Blippar (https://www.blippar.com/) offers a few different methods to create augmented really experiences. For the purposes of this overview we will focus on creating an experience for the Blippar App using their easy to use web based BlippBuilder. You can also use BlippBuilder to create web based experiences. The app is more appropriate to use objects […]
- An immersive experience can include a wide range of technologies including 360 images and video, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). There is considerable overlap in these definitions so we often use the terms Mixed Reality (MR) or eXtended Reality (XR) to cover the entire range of possibilities. This guide is intended to present […]
- Story Map JS is a free tool to help you tell stories on the web that highlight the locations of a series of events. It allows users to incorporate images, sound, video, and text with geographically based storytelling. You can see Story Map JS at work in these samples: Southern Literary Trail (Georgia Humanities) Hockey, Hip Hop, and other Green […]
- Timeline JS is an open-source tool that enables anyone to build visually rich, interactive timelines. Beginners can create a timeline using nothing more than a Google spreadsheet. More experienced makers can use json to customize timelines while keeping its core functionality. Timelines can integrate text with images, maps, videos, websites, etc. You can see Timeline JS at work in these […]
- This semester, students in Sarah Bilston’s Victorian Short Fiction class read a Charles Dickens short story, “The Bloomsbury Christening,” which follows the irascible Mr. Nicodemus Dumps on a trek through Victorian London. Then, with help from their professor and RIT staff, students used a digital tool to create a map of the character’s journey. In […]