Trinity faculty offer more than twenty Community Learning courses each semester. Faculty can find resources to help with new or existing Community Learning courses on this page.
Resources for designing a new course or adding a new assignment or partnership to an existing course:
- Erica Crowley, Director of Community Learning, is available to meet with faculty to discuss preliminary ideas, designing assignments, choosing readings, or building partnerships.
- Join Community Learning Faculty Fellows (CLiFF). Learn more about Community Learning and workshop ideas in a group setting.
- Visit the Community Learning Faculty Toolkit for readings and resources that can aid faculty in course planning and/or be incorporated into a class as student readings
- View recent undergraduate community-engaged research projects in the CHER research archive
- View digital storytelling resources and hardware available for check out from Community Learning here
- Looking for a partner? View the CHER database of recent partners here.
Community Learning course assistance funds
Community Learning offers up to $500 in course assistance funds for approved Community Learning courses. See allowable expenses and how to apply here.
Community Learning Publications:
- The Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning A national, peer-reviewed journal focusing on research-driven articles about community-based research and teaching.
- Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement. A national, peer-reviewed journal that includes research articles, reflective essays, and discussions of projects in progress.
- Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship A national, peer-reviewed journal that offers essays devoted to field notes, community perspectives, and student voices as well as traditional research articles.
- National Service-Learning Cooperative Clearinghouse A large, searchable database of publications.
- Campus Compact Service-Learning Syllabus Project Over 200 service-learning syllabi for courses from Biology to History are available on this national website.
- Writing Initiative for Service and Engagement A detailed web resource from the University of Colorado, Boulder discussing course planning, partnership building, and a bibliography of readings and resources for service-learning.
- 101 Ideas For Combining Service & Learning: a compendium of capsule course descriptions and academic service projects, from Anthropology to Zoology.