Visiting the Library
Visiting Raether Library & Watkinson Collection
Members of the public are welcome at Raether Library and the Watkinson Collection on weekdays, and are encouraged to explore its vast collection of books, documents, and recordings. Research librarians can assist in finding materials relevant to your research, project, or interests. The library also houses a café.
The Raether and Watkinson are open to the public weekdays until 6:00 p.m. Raether Library is closed to visitors on weekends and during the end-of-term reading days and exam periods (the Watkinson remains open during reading days and exam periods).
Please note that visitors may not remove materials from the library, and that some services are only available to the students, faculty, and staff of Trinity and BLC (Boston Library Consortium).
If you have questions, please contact Library & Information Technology Services.
- Visitors are admitted between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays. The library is closed to the public on weekends.
- Visitors under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Those under 18 years old who need to access the U.S. Documents collection should ask a research librarian.
- Visitors have access to two public computers that are restricted to library resources. Use is on a first-come basis and is limited to one hour. All computer use is subject to College policies.
- The library (except for Watkinson Library) is closed to visitors during the end of term reading days and exam periods.
- Members of the BLC (Boston Library Consortium) must provide a photo ID and BLC card to check out items.