July 1, 2021
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
I am delighted to share with you our plan for interim leadership of communications and marketing in the short-term following Angela Schaeffer’s departure. Caroline Deveau will serve as interim director of communications and marketing, effective July 1, and will report to Jason Rojas, chief of staff and associate vice president for external affairs, during the interim period. Caroline has developed a deep understanding and appreciation for the life of the college during her 12 years as member of our communications team. She is ideally suited for this leadership position as we navigate these next several months of transition. Thank you, Caroline.
Almost simultaneously, we will begin our search for the next vice president for the division. Michael Casey, vice president for advancement, will chair the search committee, given his experience with overseeing communications at a previous institution. We have secured the services of Storbeck Search, a search consultant that specializes in higher education and nonprofit leadership, to support our efforts to identify our next communications and marketing leader.
Michael and Storbeck will work with a committee of our colleagues who have agreed to serve on the search committee. I am grateful to them for agreeing to serve in this important search. The committee members are:
- Anthony T. Berry, Director, Admissions and Special Assistant to Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
- Dania Field, Associate Director of Intersession Programs and Special Assistant for Strategic Initiatives
- Liz Foster-Feigenbaum ’22, Student Government Association Co-Vice President of Communications
- Drew Galbraith, Director of Athletic and Recreation Center and Chair of Physical Education
- Peter Kyle, Associate Professor of Theater and Dance
- Abigail Williamson, Charles A. Dana Research Associate Professor of Political Science and Public Policy and Law and Director of CHER
Our goal is for the committee to complete its work by the end of the calendar year.
With this note, I wish to offer my thanks to Caroline for taking on this important interim role; to the search committee for agreeing to begin their critical work over the summer; and, of course, to Angela Schaeffer, for leaving the division with such a strong foundation.
I will be back in touch as the search progresses.
President and Trinity College Professor of Neuroscience