February 28, 2017
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
I write to invite you to attend open campus meetings with the reaccreditation evaluation team on Tuesday, March 7. All institutions of higher education engage in the accreditation process as part of a normal and periodic review of the quality of educational institutions and programs. Trinity College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). During a comprehensive evaluation for accreditation, which typically occurs every 10 years, the Commission sends a group of administrators and faculty to review its member institutions. Clayton Spencer, president of Bates College, is leading the team that will be on campus next week from Sunday, March 5, to Wednesday, March 8. The team will meet with a number of committees, informal groups, and individuals, and it will hold separate open campus meetings for faculty, staff, and students.
If you have not done so already, I encourage you to read the final version of Trinity’s self-study report in advance of the meetings. The document is organized around NEASC’s nine Standards for Accreditation.
Evaluation Team Members:
- Clayton Spencer, President, Bates College (team chair)
- LeRoy Graham, Associate Provost for Planning, Middlebury College
- Laurie Grupp, Director, Center for Teaching Excellence; Associate Professor, Providence College
- Stephen Hannabury, Executive Vice President, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering
- Lori Kletzer, Provost and Dean of Faculty, Colby College
- Elizabeth McKinsey, Maxine H. and Winston R. Wallin Professor of American Studies and English, Carleton College
- Joseph Meisel, Deputy Provost, Brown University
- Elaine Wong, Senior Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences, Brandeis University
Open Meetings – Tuesday, March 7, Common Hour (12:15 – 1:15 p.m.), Mather Hall:
- Faculty – Washington Room
- Staff – Terrace Rooms B & C
- Students – Rittenberg Lounge
I thank you in advance for your participation in this important process for the College and for extending a warm welcome to our visitors. If you have any questions about the site visit or our accreditation in general, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
President and Trinity College Professor of Neuroscience
P.S. I hope to see you this afternoon during Common Hour when the Bicentennial Strategic Planning Commission subcommittees will present their recommendations and seek your feedback. Washington Room, Mather Hall, 12:15-1:15 p.m. Lunch will be served.