Applicants for admission to a graduate degree at Trinity College must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Successful applicants will demonstrate evidence of academic purpose and promise, including readiness for graduate-level courses.
- Completed online application;
- Application fee of $75;
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, addressing an applicant’s academic ability and/or promise; and
- Statement of academic purpose, describing goals in pursuing this particular degree (750-word maximum).
Official transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Transferring Credit. Applicants who wish to transfer credit for up to two graduate courses taken elsewhere must indicate this on the application.
- Master of Arts in English. Applicants to this degree program must also include a 5-10 page writing sample. The essay can be uploaded to the online application.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants who did not earn their Bachelor’s degree from an English-language institution should submit relevant test scores demonstrating proficiency in English (for example, TOEFL iBT of 100 or better or IELTS of 7.0 or better).
Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis, but they are reviewed three times per year, according to the following schedule:
|Degree Start Date||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Application Deadline||July 15||December 1||April 15|
Applicants receive a response within one month of the deadline and are expected to register for courses in the upcoming term.
If you would like to enroll as a non-degree applicant, you must complete the online application and provide transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended before registering for any courses. Transcripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once accepted, non-degree applicants are permitted to enroll in a total of two courses. Non-degree applicants who decide to apply for full admission must follow the regular admissions process described above. Graduate courses previously taken for credit as a non-degree student at Trinity may count towards the M.A. degree.