Applicants for admission to any graduate program (degree, non-degree, or certificate) at Trinity College must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Successful applicants will demonstrate evidence of academic purpose and promise, including readiness for graduate-level courses.
If you are ready to begin your journey, please click the link to access our online Graduate Studies Application.
Application Materials required of Master’s Degree Applicants:
- Completed application;
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, addressing an applicant’s academic ability and/or promise; and
- Statement of academic purpose, describing goals in pursuing this particular degree (750-word maximum).
- Transferring Credit. Applicants who wish to transfer credit for up to two graduate courses taken elsewhere must indicate this on the application.
- Master of Arts in English. Applicants to this degree program must also include a 5-10 page writing sample. The essay can be uploaded to the online application.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants who did not earn their Bachelor’s degree from an English-language institution should submit relevant test scores demonstrating proficiency in English (for example, Duolingo English Test of 120 or better, TOEFL iBT of 100 or better, or IELTS of 7.0 or better). Duolingo English Test results are only accepted directly from Duolingo. IELTS or TOEFL results may be sent from the testing agency or verified and sent directly to the Admissions Office by a school official. The code to send TOEFL scores to Trinity College is 3899.
- International Applicants: International applicants should contact the Office of International Students and Scholars. There are certain requirements that International students must meet in order to continue studying in the United States, and the Office of International Students and Scholars can assist with understanding those requirements.
Application Materials required of Certificate Applicants:
If you would like to enroll in a certificate program, applicants must complete the online application, provide transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, request at least two confidential letters of recommendation, and addressing an applicant’s academic ability and/or promise. Once accepted, certificate applicants who decide to apply for full admission to a degree program must follow the regular admissions process described above. Graduate courses previously taken for credit in the certificate program at Trinity may count towards the M.A. degree.
Please Note: Current Trinity graduate students interested in a certificate should submit a Graduate Degree Application for the certificate when they have completed the requirements for one.
Application Materials required of Non-Degree Applicants:
If you would like to enroll as a non-degree applicant, you must complete the online application and provide transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended before registering for any courses. Once accepted, non-degree applicants are permitted to enroll in a total of four courses. Non-degree applicants who decide to apply for full admission must follow the regular admissions process described above. Graduate courses previously taken for credit as a non-degree student at Trinity may count towards the M.A. degree.
Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis, but they are reviewed three times per year, according to the following schedule:
|Degree Start Date||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Application Deadline||August 1||December 15||April 15|
Applicants receive a response within one month of the deadline and are expected to register for courses in the upcoming term.