Please note: Our online application is moving to a new format Spring 2021. Once the application is available on the new format, we will post the link to this page.
Applicants for admission to any graduate program (degree, non-degree, or certificate) at Trinity College must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Successful applicants will demonstrate evidence of academic purpose and promise, including readiness for graduate-level courses.
For more information, please submit the Graduate Studies Inquiry Form.
Application Materials required of Master’s Degree Applicants:
- Completed application;
- Application fee of $75;
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, addressing an applicant’s academic ability and/or promise; and
- Statement of academic purpose, describing goals in pursuing this particular degree (750-word maximum).
Official transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Transferring Credit. Applicants who wish to transfer credit for up to two graduate courses taken elsewhere must indicate this on the application.
- Master of Arts in English. Applicants to this degree program must also include a 5-10 page writing sample. The essay can be uploaded to the online application.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants who did not earn their Bachelor’s degree from an English-language institution should submit relevant test scores demonstrating proficiency in English (for example, TOEFL iBT of 100 or better or IELTS of 7.0 or better).
Application Materials required of Certificate Applicants:
If you would like to enroll in a certificate program, you must complete the online application, provide transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended, and pay a $75.00 application fee. Transcripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once accepted, certificate applicants who decide to apply for full admission to a degree program must follow the regular admissions process described above. Graduate courses previously taken for credit in the certificate program at Trinity may count towards the M.A. degree.
Please Note: Current Trinity graduate students interested in a certificate program should speak with the directors of those certificate programs:
- Scott Gac for the American Studies Certificate in Museums and Communities
- Kevin McMahon and Garth Myers for the Public Policy Certificate in Urban Planning
Application Materials required of Non-Degree Applicants:
If you would like to enroll as a non-degree applicant, you must complete the online application and provide transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended before registering for any courses. Transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com. Once accepted, non-degree applicants are permitted to enroll in a total of two courses. Non-degree applicants who decide to apply for full admission must follow the regular admissions process described above. Graduate courses previously taken for credit as a non-degree student at Trinity may count towards the M.A. degree.
Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis, but they are reviewed three times per year, according to the following schedule:
|Degree Start Date||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Application Deadline||August 15*||December 1||April 15|
Applicants receive a response within one month of the deadline and are expected to register for courses in the upcoming term.