We are here to help you navigate through the initial process of obtaining a U.S. visa, arriving here on campus, and any questions you may have during the academic year. This page will lay out important information related to travel in and out of the U.S. and work authorization.

We know that it can be challenging to manage all your responsibilities as students and also keep track of immigration-related matters. After all, the U.S. government uses so much jargon and special terms that the forms you need to fill out might not even resemble English! (What is SEVIS, anyway, and am I really a “legal alien allowed to work?”)

That’s why we created this website, and why we are always here to help in person! Watch the video below for a relatively comprehensive introduction:

Things to remember

  • You must take 4 credits each semester to maintain valid F-1 status. This requirement has very few exceptions. You must consult OISS before you drop below 4 credits.
  • If you change your living address you must notify OISS within 10 days.
  • If you plan to transfer to another school, you must notify OISS.