Committed To The Well-Being And Safety Of Our Community Members.
The Office of Student and Community Life empowers students to practice self-efficacy through shared values. We expect students to act in a manner that is in accordance with our community standards and communal principals. On our part, we work to find a balance between the needs and rights of our individual students with the needs and rights of our community. Our goal is to create a community that is conducive to the personal and collective success of all community members.
Overview of Community Standards
Community Standards are an integral part of our students’ holistic experience. It serves as a guide for students as they navigate their Trinity experience.
Our Community Standards articulate the student conduct policies, which set expectations for acceptable behaviors within our small residential community. These expectations are consistent with our work to build a community that fosters care, dignity, integrity, and civility.
These standards are in place to keep all members of the Trinity community safe and hold accountable those who violate our student conduct policies. When a conduct violation occurs, our resolution process places focus on involved parties working together to repair harm and rebuild trust with each other and with the community. Finding a balance between the needs of individual students and the welfare of our community is an ongoing process, one that requires care, compassion, and persistence.
We encourage students to thoroughly read the student handbook for more information on student conduct and Community Standards, as well as other opportunities that may contribute to their learning and growth as members of the Trinity community.
At the core of community standards are our communal principles:
- Inclusivity: We foster an environment where we embrace our differences, celebrate diversity, share our experiences, and value the individual and collective contributions we make to our community.
- Care: We create spaces that facilitates a sense of belonging and care. Provide a network of care by creating opportunities where students, staff and faculty can create meaningful connections.
- Accountability: Shared responsibility, care, wellness, respect, fairness, integrity, open communication, and dignity are expected and embraced in our community.
- Respect: We promote a community of care, one in which everyone is treated with dignity, integrity, and civility. We recognize respect as the foundation for honesty, trust, and meaningful communication.
- Excellence: We embrace challenges as opportunities for growth by engaging in initiatives that deepen our learning, broaden our knowledge, enhance our understanding of self and others, and enable us to make positive contributions to our communities.
The Office of Student and Community Life and the Bantam Network Residential Learning Community work together to promote our communal principles by helping members of our community develop skills in the areas of conflict resolution, personal accountability, and restorative practices. We encourage students to immerse themselves in the Trinity community by engaging in behaviors which demonstrate care, dignity, integrity, and civility for themselves and others.
|Campus Safety||(860) 297-2222|
|Counseling and Wellness Center||(860) 297-2415|
|Office of Student and Community||(860) 297-2156|
|Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office||(860) 297-2562|
|Hartford Police Department||911 (Emergencies) OR (860) 757-4000 (Routine)|
|Health Center||(860) 297-2018|
|Office of International Students & Scholars||(860) 297-4254|
|Spiritual & Religious Life||(860) 297-2012|
|Title IX Coordinator||(860) 297-2222|
|Trinity Campus Climate Incident Response Teamemail@example.com|
|Women Gender Resources Center||(860) 297-2408|