Committed To The Well-Being And Safety Of Our Community Members.
The Dean of Students Office, empowers students to practice self-efficacy through community standards. We expect students to act in a manner that is in accordance with our community standards. On our part, we work to find a balance between the needs and rights of our individual students, with the needs and rights of our community. Our goal is to create a community that is conducive to the personal and collective success of all community members.
Overview of Community Standards
Community standards are an integral part of our students’ holistic experience. It serves as a guide for students as they navigate their Trinity experience.
More importantly, our community standards articulate the student conduct policies, which set expectations for acceptable behaviors within our small residential community. These expectations are consistent with our work to build a community that fosters, care, dignity, integrity, and civility.
Community standards are in place to keep all members of the Trinity community safe and hold accountable those who violate our student conduct policies. When a conduct violation occurs, our resolution process places focus on involved parties working together to repair harm and rebuild trust with each other and with the community. Finding a balance between the needs of individual students and the welfare of our community is an ongoing process. One that requires care, compassion, and persistence.
We encourage students to thoroughly read the student handbook for more information on student conduct and community standards, as well as other opportunities that may contribute to their learning and growth as members of the Trinity community.
At the core our community standards, are our communal principles:
- Academic Achievement and Life-long Learning – We participate in practices that enhance our understanding of self and embrace challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Personal and Social Responsibility – We are responsible for building a community of care, dignity, integrity, and civility.
- Intercultural Knowledge and Competence – We embrace our differences, share our experiences, and value the individual and collective contributions we make to our community.
- Community and Civic Engagement – We deepen our learning, broaden our knowledge, and create reciprocal partnerships by engaging with local, national, and global communities.
- Health and Wellness – We engage in activities and behaviors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
The Dean of Students Office and the Bantam Network Residential Learning Community work together to promote our communal principles by helping members of our community develop skills in the areas of conflict resolution, personal accountability, and restorative practices. We encourage students to immerse themselves in the Trinity community by engaging in opportunities that promote behaviors, which demonstrate care, dignity, integrity and civility for themselves and others.
|Campus Safety||(860) 297-2222|
|Counseling and Wellness Center||(860) 297-2415|
|Dean of Students Office||(860) 297-2156|
|Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office||(860) 297-2562|
|Hartford Police Department||911 (Emergencies) OR (860) 757-4000 (Routine)|
|Health Center||(860) 297-2018|
|Office of International Students & Scholars||(860) 297-4254|
|Spiritual & Religious Life||(860) 297-2012|
|Title IX Coordinator||(860) 297-2222|
|Trinity Campus Climate Incident Response Teamemail@example.com|
|Women Gender Resources Center||(860) 297-2408|