We understand the investment that you are making in your education and Trinity is committed to making degree completion as affordable as possible for all transfer and IDP students.

Phi Theta Kappa Financial Aid

Members of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), the two-year college honor society, are named PTK Scholars at Trinity College and receive a special PTK Scholarship if they meet certain criteria. As a PTK Scholar at Trinity, you will receive a need-based financial aid award that will replace the loan portion of your financial aid package with a PTK scholarship, enabling you to graduate without financial aid debt from your time at Trinity.

In order to be eligible for a PTK scholarship, you must:

  • Be a member in good standing of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society;
  • Receive an A.A. or A.S. degree in liberal arts or general studies from an accredited two-year college with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and 12 transferable courses;
  • Begin enrollment at Trinity College immediately after graduation from the two-year college;
  • Beginning in the second semester at Trinity, obtain a GPA of at least 3.0 and afterwards maintain both a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing; and
  • Be eligible for institutional need-based assistance as determined by the Financial Aid Office.

PTK Scholarships are not available to students who have already earned their first bachelor’s degree.

Awarding Policy:

PTK-eligible students will have their subsidized loan eligibility replaced with a PTK Scholarship award equal to the student’s subsidized loan eligibility after providing Trinity College with all documentation required for the scholarship, as outlined above.

Financial Aid for Veterans

We are proud of our veterans, and IDP is committed to making the financial aid application process as seamless as possible for you. Our Office of Financial Aid works closely with veterans or their eligible dependents throughout the financial aid application process.

You may be eligible to receive funding under the Yellow Ribbon Program or the Montgomery GI Bill(r) to cover tuition, fees, and living expenses. In partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Trinity participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program for qualified post 9/11 military veterans. If you do not meet the criteria for the Yellow Ribbon Program, you may be eligible to receive VA educational funding under the Montgomery GI Bill(r).

Applying for Financial Aid

For veterans, or their eligible dependents, the financial aid process involves two steps:​​

Please direct any questions related to financial aid for Trinity IDP applicants and all financial aid material to:

Tara Silva-Jackson
Financial Aid Counselor
[email protected]

Tuition Waivers

Trinity College has an ongoing tuition remission agreement with the City of Hartford, Hartford Hospital, the Institute of Living, and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center to provide tuition waivers as a way to acknowledge the support these institutions have provided to Trinity. If you are a full-time employee of one of these institutions, are admitted to IDP, and maintain good academic standing while at Trinity, you are eligible for a tuition waiver for one course each fall and spring semester. The number of waivers available is limited.

Second Bachelor’s Degree Financial Aid

If you are considering a second bachelor’s degree you will not be alone in IDP. You will be among students who are exploring a discipline completely different from that of their first bachelor’s degree (a financial analyst who is studying neuroscience; a surgeon who is exploring art history) or working on a complementary second bachelor’s degree (a political science graduate who is now studying economics).  Up to eighteen courses may be transferred into Trinity and counted toward your Trinity bachelor’s degree. Federal loans may be available to second degree candidates.

International Students

We encourage applications from qualified international students. Need-based financial aid is available to a limited number of non-US citizens who have a record of high and sustained academic achievement at the college level. International students must enroll in at least four courses each  semester to be eligible for student visa sponsorship (F-1). IDP is a non-residential program, so IDP students commute and must make arrangements to live off campus.


Special Financial Support

Tara Silva-Jackson 300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106