Our program is designed for students who seek the challenging, substantive academic experience Trinity is known for, together with the support and services adult learners need and want.
Trinity’s Individualized Degree Program (IDP) welcomes all applicants at least 24 years old or self-supporting, and our community of post-traditional students includes veterans, second bachelor’s degree candidates, and international students.
What We Offer You
- An outstanding liberal arts and sciences education that will challenge you, excite you, and prepare you for professional advancement, graduate study, and new life directions.
- Support and services for adult learners, including full- or part-time study, a flexible timeframe for degree completion, mentoring and advising, IDP-dedicated staff members, and a personalized admissions and transfer-credit process.
- Affordability due to two key factors: course-based tuition and need-based financial aid that covers both tuition and expenses.
- A strong community within IDP and across Trinity. While IDP students are very diverse, they share a common bond and at the same time enjoy mixing with traditional-age students in classes and projects.
- A promising future, according to the tradition of achievement and success among IDP graduates. The program’s alumni pursue many professional fields, including education, financial services, law, government and public policy, information technology, social services, and medical research. A significant proportion go on to graduate study and earn advanced professional or academic degrees.