Students with especially strong backgrounds and interests in pursuing the arts, whether as a major or an extracurricular, are welcome to submit materials in support of their application for admission to Trinity. Members of our arts faculty participate in the evaluation of submitted materials. If you wish to submit samples of your artistic efforts for this consideration, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
All materials must be submitted according to the deadlines listed below.
- Early Decision 1 applicants—November 15
- Early Decision 2 applicants—January 1
- Regular Decision applicants—January 15
All submissions must be submitted electronically through Trinity’s Online Arts Submissions Portal.
- Click here to begin your submission. Prepare a collection of no more than five pieces of your creative writing (poems, short stories, plays, etc.). Include a brief statement describing your interest in creative writing.
- Click here to begin your submission. Your video must be no longer than 10 minutes. It must include a brief performance and demonstrate your technical ability. If you are a choreographer, please include one of your original pieces in the video. Videos should be sized at 640×480.
- Submit a short statement explaining what you have submitted, why you have chosen to participate in dance, what the form means to you, and whether you hope to continue dance at the college level and why.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are including selections from group pieces, it may be difficult to identify you clearly. In that case you must include a description of your costume, where you enter and exit or perhaps highlight your character using shadow and light in your editing.
- Click here to begin your submission. Provide 1-5 items: Video (up to 250MB each) and Models (Sketchfab). You may also link to media from YouTube and Vimeo.
Instrumental Music (For Vocal Music, see separate sections for Vocal Performance and Music Theater)
- Click here to begin your submission. Your audio or video submission must be no longer than 10 minutes. Before each piece, mention the title and composer of the composition you are performing. Videos should be sized at 640×480.
- Submit a brief resume of your instrumental study and performance experience, along with a short statement about the kind of instrumental music activities you hope to engage in while at Trinity.
For those seriously considering significant coursework in the studio arts, follow these guidelines to submit your work:
- Click here to begin your submission. Prepare a collection of no more than 20 pieces of your photography or art work (No pottery or ceramics will be evaluated). Provide a list with the title, medium, and dimensions (height x width) of the work.
- Please submit a brief statement about your art (describing the content of your work, your intent, and the historical and/or contemporary foundations for your ideas). Also tell us why you are interested in studying studio art in a liberal arts setting.
(Music Theater is a separate section. See below.)
- Click here to begin your submission. Submit video of two contrasting contemporary monologues, five minutes maximum duration. Videos should be sized at 640×480.
- Please submit a one-page essay discussing why you have chosen to participate in performing arts activities, what the art form means to you, and whether you hope to continue the arts activities at the college level and why.
(Vocal performance submissions, excluding musical theater selections, should be submitted under “Vocal Performance” below.)
- Click here to begin your submission. Submit musical theater material via audio or video, no longer than 10-15 minutes, or four-song program with piano accompaniment that displays your stylistic and vocal range. Include the name and composer of the work you are performing. Videos should be sized at 640×480.
- Submit a brief resume of your vocal study and/or performance experience.
(Vocal performance submissions of musical theater performances should be submitted under “Musical Theater” section above.)
- Click here to begin your submission. Submit a video or audio file of your vocal performance as a soloist, no longer than 10 minutes. Videos should be sized at 640×480.
- IMPORTANT NOTES: Please do NOT submit a cappella or choral group performances, no matter how large or featured a solo you may have. Submit only solo performances with piano accompaniment. Please do not submit material that you have composed yourself unless you want it considered as composition; it will not be considered as part of a vocal submission. Do not include pop material unless you have composed it yourself and want it considered specifically as composition, as described above.