Please test to protect your nest. If you develop symptoms, COVID-19 test kits are available at the Health Center. You may walk-in or schedule a sick visit during our regular business hours, or pick up test kits from our card-accessible entryway after hours.
Students Who Test Positive for COVID-19
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please contact the Health Center and initiate quarantine. A notification will be sent to you, your professors, and associated deans informing all parties that you will be out of in-person class for a period. Please remain in contact with your professors.All non-medical questions should be directed to Housing 860-297-4281 or [email protected].
- Your recovery period is 6 to 10 days (Day 0 is the day you tested positive). The strict isolation period can end before 10 days. After quarantining for a FULL 5 days (on your 6th day), if you have no symptoms or your symptoms have improved, with no fever for the past 24 hours without a fever-reducing medicine (such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), you may exit isolation. You must continue to wear a mask when you are in public or around others through the end of your 10th
- If you have not had symptomatic improvement, you should remain in quarantine until you meet the above criteria or pass 10 days of quarantine.
On and Off Campus Isolation
- Students who can travel home in a private vehicle without using public transportation are encouraged to recover at home for their personal comfort.
- Students who cannot travel home will recover in their dorm room. Whenever it is necessary to leave your isolation space, please wash or disinfect your hands and wear a well-fitting surgical grade or better mask over your nose and mouth. Students must not go to classes, meetings, or participate in co-curricular programs while recovering.
- Students recovering in their room should use the designated COVID bathrooms on their floor, and are expected to wear a well-fitting mask in the bathroom unless engaged in self-care that requires them to take off the mask momentarily (e.g., brushing teeth, showering, shaving).
- Students with COVID-19 can use Grub-Hubto order grab-n-go meals through the Bistro dining. When ordering from the Cave, students can walk in to use the kiosk and wait off to the side with their mask on until their food is ready to go. Lastly, if a student wishes to get their meal from Mather they can walk in, use their meal swipe, and then ask to talk to a manager who will provide the student with a to-go container to get their meal. Students must use hand sanitizer before entering all dining areas and continue to wear their masks while picking up their food. For students who are on the Mather meal plan and are not comfortable going into Mather to pick up their meals while COVID positive please contact Arcadio at 860-461-9551 for scheduling meal pickup from the Cave.
- Students that are off the meal plan, will not be included in that system and are expected to purchase food in the way they are currently doing.
- There are a limited number of dedicated recovery rooms on campus. Students requiring such a space should reach out to Student Housing via (860)-297-4281 or [email protected]. If after-hours please contact Campus Safety (860-297-2222).
Isolation can be a very trying and stressful time. The following school-based services are available; please reach out:
- Office of Student and Community Life: (860) 297-2156, [email protected]
- The Counseling and Wellness Center: (860) 297-2415
- The Chaplin’s Office: (860) 297-2013