In the unlikely event that federal authorities from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) come to campus to carry out enforcement activities:
- Any employee approached by ICE or CBP agents seeking information about someone on campus should immediately contact Campus Safety. Campus Safety will escort the agents to the President’s Office so that the College’s legal counsel may review any warrant, court order, or subpoena.
- Agents who do not possess a warrant, court order, or subpoena will be asked to cease any enforcement activities and to leave the campus.
- Neither Campus Safety Officers nor faculty or staff shall:
- Release sensitive, non-public information (home addresses, phone numbers, etc.) to federal immigration officials without a subpoena or judicial warrant that has been vetted by legal counsel.
- Permit ICE and CBP agents to use College facilities for investigations, interviews, or interrogations for the purpose of enforcing federal immigration laws.