Class Agent Role & Responsibilities
Being a class agent and serving your school is really simple. We ask you to:
- Make a Trinity College Fund Gift. All Agents must make a gift/pledge before they start soliciting.
- Solicit Classmates. Reach out via email, phone, text, or in person.
- “Sign” Solicitation Letters/Emails. Agents serve as the signatories for solicitation letters (2x/year) and for solicitation emails.
- Utilize the Class Agent Portal. Class agents will have access to an online platform with real time information and updates on class giving, as well as classmates’ contact information.
- Participate in Quarterly Class Agent Calls. Conference calls update you on Trinity news and answer any questions you have about solicitations.
- Thank Donors. Expressing Trinity’s appreciation is an essential volunteer responsibility.
And that’s it! Class agents focus their outreach during three pivotal times of the year:
December – Calendar Year End
March – In preparation for Giving Day
June – The last month before the fiscal year ends
You’re not alone though! You can expect the following from your Trinity College Fund liaison:
- Educational materials on the purpose and importance of the Trinity College Fund
- Updates and information on campus news, events, and important dates
- Drafts of all solicitation letters/emails and sample outreach emails and phone/voicemail scripts
- Class giving history and contact information
- Hands-on support with training, questions, and targeting/solicitation strategies
Why sign up to be a class agent? To support and thank our volunteers, Trinity College provides class agents:
- Insider college information and access to key Trinity staff members
- An invitation to Long Walk Societies events
- An invitation to the Volunteer Pre-Game Brunch at Homecoming
- A broader network through alumni connections
Trinity College Fund Staff Contacts
If you’d like to volunteer as a class agent, or simply want to learn more, contact your Trinity College Fund liaison.
Classes of 1951-1961, 1964, 2002-2004
Classes of 1962, 1963, 1966-1974
Classes of 1975-1986, 2006-2008
Liz Hanusovsky Patterson ’05
Classes of 1987-2001, 2005
Classes of 2009-2019