If you’re using GPS or an online map, enter the following address:
300 Summit St.
Hartford, CT 06106
Or use the following directions for arriving by plane, bus, train, or car.
Bradley International Airport, serving Hartford and Springfield, Massachusetts, is approximately 30 minutes from the College by car. Car rental agencies are available at the airport.
By Bus or Train
Peter Pan Bus Lines and Amtrak train stations are located at One Union Place in Hartford. From there, you can take a taxi to campus. For schedules and fares, please call Peter Pan Bus Lines at (800) 343-9999 or Amtrak at (800) 872-7245.
Parking is available in front of the Admissions building in the circle drive off of Summit Street. Additional parking can be found in the parking lot at the end of Vernon Street. Turn right out of the Admissions circle, take your next right onto Vernon Street and drive to the end of the street. Parking is available in the lot on the right. See all our options for parking on our campus map.
Please note that Saturday, October 13, is the Hartford Marathon. Please see special directions to Trinity for that day.
Note: Some of the following directions have been temporarily modified due to current and planned construction in Downtown Hartford.
From the west (NYC via I-84, Danbury, etc.)
- Take I-84 east to Exit 48B, Capitol Avenue.
- At the traffic light at the end of the exit ramp turn left.
- Go to the first traffic light (at Washington Street) and turn right (at statue of Lafayette on horse).
- Proceed straight ahead on Washington Street for 8 traffic lights (total of 1.1 miles), passing hospital complex on left.
- At 8th light, turn right onto New Britain Avenue.
- Go .3 miles to the next traffic light at Broad Street.
- If you want to reach buildings and parking areas in the southeastern part of the campus (e.g., Austin Arts Center, Ferris Athletic Center), turn right onto Broad Street, look for the Trinity College gate, and turn left into the driveway.
- If you want to reach the western and northern areas of campus (Admissions and other administrative offices), proceed on New Britain Avenue to traffic light at Summit Street. Turn right, between the brick gateposts, into campus.
From the east (Boston, etc.)
- Take I-84 west to Exit 54 on the left toward Downtown Hartford
- Continue onto CT-2 west
- Turn left onto Columbus Boulevard. Drive past the Connecticut Convention Center and Front Street Entertainment District
- Turn right onto Arch Street
- At second light, turn left onto Main Street
- After 0.5 miles, continue onto Maple Avenue
- After 0.6 miles, turn right onto Barnard Street
- Continue onto New Britain Avenue
- Go 0.3 miles to the next traffic light at Broad Street
- If you want to reach buildings and parking areas in the southeastern part of the campus (e.g., Austin Arts Center, Ferris Athletic Center), turn right onto Broad Street, look for the Trinity College gate, and turn left into the driveway
- If you want to reach the western and northern areas of campus (Admissions and other administrative offices), proceed on New Britain Avenue to traffic light at Summit Street. Turn right, between the brick gateposts, into campus
From the south (New Haven, New York, etc.)
- Take I-91 north to Capitol Area Exit 29A (left exit) onto short connector highway to traffic circle
- Halfway around circle take second right onto Elm Street, hugging Bushnell Park
- Turn left at first traffic light onto Trinity Street
- Staying in the left lane, go to the second stoplight. The Bushnell Memorial Hall will be on your left, the State Capitol on your right
- Turn left past the statue of Lafayette on horseback onto Washington Street then follow the directions “From the east”
From the north (Springfield, Bradley Airport, etc.)
- Take I-91 south to Exit 31 for State Street
- Merge onto CT-2 west, then follow the directions “From the east”
- To get back to both I-84 and I-91, take Broad Street to New Britain Avenue, turning left on New Britain Avenue and then left onto Washington Street
- When you reach the intersection with Capitol Avenue (Lafayette’s horse will be on your left, the Capitol will be straight ahead), turn left, following the signs for I-84
- Staying in the right lane, follow Capitol Ave. The entrance ramp for I-84 west is on the right
- Proceed a little further and turn right onto Broad Street to reach the entrance ramp for I-84 east, which leads to I-91 north and south