March 31, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We write to inform you that in light of current conditions with regard the presence of COVID-19 among our community, the campus alert level has changed to yellow as of today. This alert level will be in place at least through the end of the day on Monday, April 5. We will update the community on Monday with more information and to advise as to the alert level status for Tuesday and beyond.
As we reported to you yesterday, we have seen an increase in the number of active cases in our community. Test results from Tuesday are now in, which has resulted in a total of 25 active cases as of today (23 students, 2 staff/affiliates). Some of these new cases were among students who were already in quarantine due to exposure to other cases. While the current level of the virus within our community is manageable at this time, we are taking steps today to mitigate the spread. Accordingly, effective today, the following measures are in place as part of the yellow alert level:
- Dining is grab-and-go only
- Student residence hall access is limited to their own floors only, and common areas are closed; as always, students who live off-campus are not permitted in residence halls, and students on campus are not permitted in off-campus housing
- Athletics events (games and practices) are canceled
- Organized, supervised student activities are limited to 10 participants
- Unsupervised gatherings are permitted outdoors but limited to 6 participants
All other operations and protocols continue as previously announced (and as articulated in the green alert level description), including rules for travel and visitors to campus. Please note: Student travel off campus is for essential, approved purposes only.
We appreciate your continued attention and adherence to all of the practices we must take to keep up the fight against COVID-19. Now is the time to recommit to this effort and ensure that our semester can continue as planned and that we do all we can to ensure the health of our fellow community members.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Jason Rojas, Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President for External Relations