By joining the Women's Leadership Council, alumnae can connect with students and other alumnae in meaningful ways.
The goal of this committee is to provide opportunities through the Bantam Career Network (BCN) and through in person events for mentorship and sponsorship for WLC members. WLC members may be either a mentor, a mentor, or both. This committee will also help identify alumnae to participate in Venture.
Responsibilities of Networking/Mentoring Committee Chair:
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations to plan and assist with the creation of mentoring programs including using the Bantam Career Network (“BCN”) platform.
- Recruit alumnae interested in volunteering on this committee
- Work with committee members to facilitate the mentoring events and programs
- Work with committee members to populate and facilitate conversations within the BCN WLC group.
- Create a set of guidelines and best practices to share with mentors and mentees
- Recruit alumnae and encourage WLC members to join the BCN, the BCN WLC group, and the Mentoring Program through regular communications
- Participate in Venture planning meetings as necessary and attend Venture if possible.
- Serve a two-year term.
The goal of this committee is provide engagement opportunities for woman-identifying alumni and students to connect with each other and with woman-identifying Trinity faculty and other campus partners. WLC programs are often organic in nature and can be in-person, virtual, or some combination and this committee will strive to cover diverse topics of importance to women of all ages and backgrounds.
Responsibilities of Programming Chair:
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations to plan and oversee the calendar of events for the entire WLC.
- Recruit committee members interested in volunteering to help with various programs and events.
- Work with Committee members to identify and recruit participants of all ages and backgrounds.
- Work with committee to determine topics and formats of programs
- Lead meetings as necessary per event
- Attend events and serve as the emcee at WLC programs when possible
- Serve a two-year term
Chair: Tara Gans ’88
The goal of this committee to create engagement opportunities which will help increase membership in the WLC and philanthropy from alumnae to the college. Members of this committee should be comfortable with the solicitation process.
Responsibilities of Engagement/Philanthropy Chair:
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations and the Associate Director of the Trinity Fund to increase the WLC membership and volunteer base.
- Recruit committee members interested in volunteering to help with WLC solicitations throughout the year.
- Encourage WLC members to support the college philanthropically, complete a profile within the Bantam Career Network
- Assist with the oversight of WLC social media channels.
- Co-author appeal letters segmented to WLC members
- Participate in fundraising programs such as Giving Day, phonathons, etc.
- Solicit gifts from WLC members
- Lead three committee meetings a year
- Serve a two-year term