July 7, 2021
As you know, Trinity College will require all faculty and staff to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 by August 2, 2021, unless they have been approved for an exemption for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief. I’m writing today to share the process to request an exemption.
Exemption Request Process
- Exemption request forms are located on the HR Share Point site. Click on medical exemption request form or religious exemption request form. Note you may need to be logged into the network to access the SharePoint and these forms.
- Complete all required information on the form. For medical exemptions this includes requesting that your medical provider completes and certifies section 2 on the medical exemption request form and returns the form to Human Resources.
- Send completed forms to email@example.com or Trinity College Human Resources, 300 Summit Street, Hartford CT 06106.
- All forms will be kept confidential.
- A health care provider designated by the Health Center staff will review medical exemption requests. Human Resources will review religious exemption requests and will work with employees for medical and religious accommodations.
- Employees will be notified as to whether the exemption is approved, not approved, or more information is required. They will also be advised of any required protocols relative to the decision.
- Managers will be made aware of decisions regarding the approved exemptions so that they can ensure all required protocols are followed. The reason for the exemption will not be shared.
Exemption requests must be submitted by Wednesday July 21, 2021. Those who have neither an approved exemption request nor a vaccination verification card will be required to follow safety protocols, including scheduling and obtaining weekly COVID-19 testing either off-campus or on-campus at the Health Center, wearing a mask and social distancing as initial steps as we continue to work with those individuals through the process.
For information on where to find a vaccine, visit https://hartfordhealthcare.org/health-wellness/covid-vaccine/locations.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
AVP for Human Resources