April 9, 2021
Dear Students, faculty, and staff,
This evening, we are providing an update on COVID-19 cases within our community. Test results from Thursday show three new cases since our Wednesday update. Five students have cleared isolation today, as they are not symptomatic and have been in isolation for 10 days. With those changes, we now have 47 active cases (44 students and 3 employees/affiliates), and about half of those students have chosen to isolate at home rather than on campus. Between now and Sunday, we anticipate as many as 20 of the student cases to be cleared from isolation if they remain symptom-free.
We hope to be able to return to a green alert level next week, but at least through the weekend we will remain at a yellow alert level, with the following restrictions:
- Dining is grab-and-go only
- Student residence hall access is limited to their own floors only, and common areas are closed; as always, students who live off-campus are not permitted in residence halls, and students on campus are not permitted in off-campus housing
- Athletic teams may exercise in supervised groups limited to 10 participants
- Organized, supervised student activities are limited to 10 participants
- Unsupervised gatherings are permitted outdoors but limited to 6 participants
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, unless you are dining or alone in an individual office or bedroom
- At all times, alcohol is not permitted in public settings-on the quads, walking around campus
Students: We want you to enjoy being together and having in-person classes. We want you to enjoy the sunshine and spring weather. It is critical that you continue to wear masks, maintain proper physical distancing, isolate and quarantine when directed to, and limit travel to essential, pre-approved purposes. Please remain diligent to these guidelines. Your efforts can allow us to return to level green and remove various restrictions.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Jason Rojas, Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President for External Relations