January 14, 2022
As you have read in previous emails, the college is preparing for spring semester and developing plans and protocols given the information about the Omicron variant and guidance from the CDC and Hartford HealthCare. The purpose of this email is to provide an update on return-to-campus plans scheduled for Wednesday January 26 – Sunday January 30. You must return to campus during these days as this will help the college complete the onboarding process and is a critical step that will limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus and within our community.
Check-In & Move-In Dates Overview
All students whether living on campus or off campus must check-in at the Memorial Field House. This is located on the Broad Street side of the Ferris Athletic Center. Check-in/move back to campus will be from 9:30am-4:00pm each day. Here are important steps you must take to check-in on your given day:
- On your move-in / check-in date, students must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test RESULT performed within 72-hours of their arrival or a rapid antigen test taken with 24 hours of arrival. Students with a rapid antigen test must take a picture of the test result with notation of their name, signature, and the date the test was taken and show the picture at check-in.
- If you experienced COVID-19 in the 90 days before your return, please take a rapid antigen test. Students must take a picture of the test result with notation of their name, signature, and the date the test was taken and show the picture at check-in.
- Students who test positive prior to returning to campus as part of this check-in process must remain at home and notify the Health Center of their test result at email@example.com.
- We will not be approving early move-in requests unless for extenuating circumstances and not prior to Sunday, January 23rd. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to seek approval.
- Upon arrival at the Memorial Field house, you will take a PCR test unless you experienced COVID in the last 90 days. This will begin your weekly testing requirement. More information will be forthcoming on the testing days for the semester.
- For the start of the new semester, dining halls and coffee shops will be grab-n-go. We will shift to offering seating in these locations after we assess the onboarding process and students have had at least three PCR COVID tests on campus.
- Students must submit their COVID booster shot information to the Health Center. Students are required to submit this by February 1 unless you were given an exemption, are not eligible because you recently had COVID-19 or will be eligible within 14 days of your second dose of Moderna and Pfizer or single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Booster clinics will be offered on campus January 31-February 2.
- Mask wearing is essential. All members of our community are required to wear a mask while indoors in all college facilities. Masks must cover your nose and mouth and it must be tight fitting around your face. Masks will be given out at the testing center.
Move-in & Check-In Breakdown for Each Day
Students will not have access to their Residential Community and other buildings on-campus until they have completed the check-in/move back to campus process.
Wednesday, January 26th
- Arrival of Resident Advisors, P.R.I.D.E. Leaders, Off-Campus Students, and Spring Start Students
Thursday, January 27th
- Arrival Class of 2023 and Class of 2024 Students
Friday, January 28th
- Class of 2022 Students and Commuter Students
Saturday, January 29th
- Class of 2025 Students, IDP Students, Graduate Students, and Special Status Students
Sunday, January 30th
- Late Arrivals
- Please Note: Students arriving on this date will need to check-in and get tested at the Memorial Field House between 1:00pm – 4:00pm