February 28, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
As we look to the start of in-person learning and the end of our Campus Transition phase tomorrow, March 1, we are pleased to announce that the college will begin tomorrow at a green alert level. At this time, we have determined that conditions allow for in-person learning, and campus activities can be permitted with substantial health and safety protocols and pandemic-related policies. In addition, operations at the green alert level mean the following:
Campus activities are permitted outdoors and limited to 29 if supervised by a faculty/staff member and 12 if unsupervised; face masks and proper physical distancing are required at all times.
- Campus activities are allowed indoors per the requirements/ guidelines and set up in each classroom, meeting space, or gym; face masks and proper physical distancing are required at all times.
- The library is open. Please follow all guidelines that are posted.
- Dining in Mather Hall and the Bistro is open for grab-n-go meals. We may adjust this in the coming weeks to allow for limited dining in Mather.
- Students’ residence hall access is limited to their own residence hall; students may visit other floors and use common areas; students must wear face coverings and maintain a minimum of six feet of physical distance from one another if you are in a room with someone other than your suitemate or apartmentmate(s).
- Students living off-campus may not be in residence halls; students in campus housing may not visit off-campus houses.
- Travel off-campus by students is for essential purposes only. Contact the Student and Community Life office (email@example.com) if you need to travel.
- Work-related or college-sponsored travel by employees is for essential purposes only.
- Visitors are allowed in limited circumstances and for pre-approved reasons only (Admissions visitors are permitted, and Cinestudio and Trinfo.Café are open)
Our on-campus Testing Center in the Memorial Gym is fully operational from 9am-5pm. Beginning Monday March 1, please schedule your testing appointments (twice a week for students, once a week for faculty and staff) via the CoVerified app based on your assigned testing days:
- Students: Based on the first letter of your last name, your assigned testing days are: A-K, Mondays and Thursdays; L-Z, Tuesdays and Fridays. A limited number of slots will be available on other days for commuter students and make-up tests.
- Faculty and staff should test on Wednesdays if possible
Thank you for being attentive to our policies as we returned to campus operations. Your commitment to all health and safety practices is very much appreciated.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Jason Rojas, Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President for External Relations