September 13, 2021
Welcome to the new semester!
I plan to send updates on other topics soon, but first wanted to share COVID-19 information and expectations for employees that are in place to help keep our community safe. This information is meant to reiterate and supplement what has already been shared in previous community letters:
- Since most of our employees are vaccinated, testing will be available only to employees with approved exemptions who are required to be tested weekly. Those employees have already received specific instructions for testing and other required steps.
- Please self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, as the Coverified app is not in use this semester. If you experience any symptoms, do not come to campus and please notify your supervisor as you would for other sick time. Contact your health care provider for testing and next steps.
- If you test positive, inform Human Resources by calling 860-297-2274 and isolate at home until cleared by your health care provider.
- Per the email from the COVID Steering Committee on August 27th, you must wear a mask in all indoor areas, except when alone in a closed office. For additional questions about masks, please see Trinity’s COVID guidelines.
- If you travel, review and follow CDC guidelines for travel and returning to work.
As always, these protocols can change as the situation evolves and we will update you accordingly.
Here are some helpful links for more information on COVID-19 safety and testing.
AVP for Human Resources