Managing the college’s response to the coronavirus pandemic is a campus-wide effort of unprecedented scope and scale. The group charged by President Joanne Berger-Sweeney to lead this work is Trinity’s COVID-19 Steering Committee.
The group, broadly representative of all areas of the college, meets frequently to monitor and assess conditions on campus, in the surrounding area, and beyond. It considers local data and guidance from public health and government agencies and collaborates with partners at Hartford HealthCare and colleagues across campus. The committee makes recommendations to President Berger-Sweeney on a wide variety of matters related to Trinity’s response to the pandemic, including relevant policies, health and safety protocols, and operational status.
The committee, whose members are listed below, works to make timely, informed decisions and recommendations and to communicate clearly and consistently to keep the Trinity community informed. We welcome your feedback and questions.
- Co-Chair Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
- Co-Chair Jason Rojas M’12, Chief of Staff, Associate Vice President for External Affairs
- David Andres ’04, Director of Analytics and Strategic Initiatives
- Michael Casey, Vice President for Advancement
- Caroline Deveau, Interim Director of Communications and Marketing
- Dan Hitchell, Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Fred Kass, Assistant Vice President for Information Services
- Dickens Mathieu, General Counsel and Secretary of the College
- Takunari Miyazaki, Associate Dean for Faculty Development and Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Mitchell Polin ’96, Associate Dean for Curriculum and Professor of Theater and Dance