January 13, 2022
Dear Trinity Employees,
Thank you all for your hard work and perseverance during this ongoing difficult time. I am writing to share additional information regarding testing, positive results, booster clinics and remote work.
- Required testing will begin on January 19, and testing for employees will be held in the Ferris Center on January 19, 20, and 21 (10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) All employees should come for testing regardless of whether or not they are working remotely so that we can have a baseline understanding of transmission and plan for business continuity. No appointments are necessary to be tested.
- All employees will be asked to sign a new testing consent form at the center when they are tested for the first time, even if they have previously signed a form.
- Employees who have symptoms, are currently positive, or who have tested positive within 90 days should not come to the center to be tested. If you have symptoms, please obtain a test off campus and contact your health care provider.
- Starting the week of January 24, Wednesdays (9:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.) are set aside for faculty and staff testing, with the remainder of the week for student testing. It is preferred that employees test on Wednesday, but you may test on another day if needed. Affiliate partners who work on campus will be tested as well.
As with the previous testing process, results will be provided electronically from the Broad Institute. Employees will receive an email with a link when results are available, and will need to log in or set up an account following the instructions on the link to see the results. The lab’s patient portal does not use the standard Trinity username and password. Those who have used the system in the past but need a password reset can follow the “forgot password” link on the login page. If you are unable to complete the reset online, please contact the lab’s customer support team via the contact information on that page. Trinity staff do not have the ability to reset passwords.
A member of the Health Center staff will contact employees who test positive through on-campus testing. Notifications will generally take place in the morning and are dependent on when Broad posts results. At this time, it is taking anywhere between 24–40 hours for results to be returned.
Additional Guidance for Employees Who Test Positive
- Employees should advise their manager if they are unable to work due to illness according to Trinity policy.
- Employees who have tested positive should not test at the center within 90 days of the positive result. PCR tests will likely remain positive for that period of time.
- If you test positive from an off-campus test, please notify Dave Deresienski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to return to work on campus, employees must be symptom-improved and fever free without fever reducing medication for 24 hours, and have a negative test result from a rapid antigen test taken at home (available at a pharmacy) after five days, or be symptom improved as described above after 10 days with no test result. It is not necessary to send test results to human resources.
- Employees should not come to campus to test out of isolation.
Attached is a flyer with information on the upcoming booster clinics. Registration is required for the clinics. As a reminder, Trinity employees are required to obtain a booster by February 1 2022 or as soon as they are eligible per CDC guidelines.
Remote Work: January 24-mid February
In an effort to continue to manage density on campus given the current high transmission rates, division leaders will work with employees in their areas on a work plan to meet college needs while balancing remote and on-campus presence. We will continue to monitor the number of COVID cases on campus, locally, and nationally to determine when it is best to resume in-person business operations. We are still planning to share information on the proposed remote work program within the coming weeks.
Thank you again and best regards,
AVP for Human Resources