April 5, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We write with an update on our continuing response to the presence of COVID-19 on our campus. While the situation is manageable, the number of cases remains concerning, and therefore we will continue at a yellow alert level at least through Wednesday, April 7, so that we can monitor test results from today and tomorrow. We will update the community on Wednesday with more information and to advise as to the alert level status for Thursday and beyond.
Recent reports by public health officials and medical providers indicate that current spread of COVID-19 is impacting individuals in their 20s and teens more than other age groups. It is essential that our campus community continue to wear face coverings and limit social interactions.
As of today, we have 37 students in isolation (21 on campus and 16 at home). The following measures will stay in place consistent with our yellow alert level:
- Dining is grab-and-go only
- Student residence hall access is limited to their own floors only, and common areas are closed; as always, students who live off-campus are not permitted in residence halls, and students on campus are not permitted in off-campus housing
- Athletics events (games and practices) are canceled
- Organized, supervised student activities are limited to 10 participants
- Unsupervised gatherings are permitted outdoors but limited to 6 participants
All other operations and protocols continue as previously announced (and as articulated in the green alert level description), including rules for travel and visitors to campus. Please note: Student travel off campus is for essential, approved purposes only.
We appreciate your continued attention and adherence to all of the practices we must take to keep up the fight against COVID-19. Now is the time to recommit to this effort and ensure that our semester can continue as planned and that we do all we can to ensure the health of our fellow community members.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Jason Rojas, Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President for External Relations