Quick Tips & Resources
WIFI NETWORK FOR COMPUTER/PHONE: EDUROAM
- Identity: email@example.com
- Password: Your Trinity Account Password
- Have a Chromebook? Follow these eduroam instructions
WIFI FOR GAMING AND OTHER DEVICES: TRIN_IOT
- To connect to a gaming console, Smart TV, or other device that cannot connect to eduroam, access mydevices.trincoll.edu from a computer or phone, and select “Add a Device.”
- Connect these devices to the Trin_IoT network (Trinity Internet of Things).
- Personal routers and personal wireless printers are not supported on our network at this time.
Changing and Resetting Your Password
- Change your current password (you must do this once every 365 days)
- Reset your password if you’ve forgotten it
- Can’t connect to wifi after a password reset? Update your eduroam settings
- Secure account with Multi-Factor Authentication
- Please use a computer to initially setup MFA (not a phone, etc.).
- Please setup your devices with the MS Authenticator App, text messaging an alternate email address.
- Please also include a second phone number in the instance your phone is damaged/lost.
- Change or update your settings by going to http://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo.
Accessing Resources and Services
TRINITY ONLINE SERVICES
- my.trincoll.edu (Trinity portal – login as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- outlook.office365.com (Trinity email – login as email@example.com)
- moodle.trincoll.edu (course management software – login as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TCOnline.trincoll.edu (classes and registration -login as email@example.com)
- Trinity Library and CTW Account (renew books or materials borrowed from Trinity College, Connecticut College, or Wesleyan University – login as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interlibrary Loan Account (login to Illiad to manage Interlibrary loan items – login as username)
- Nelnet Campus Commerce (managed by Student Accounts for E-billing)
- Handshake (managed by Career Development for on campus jobs, internships and post graduation employment)
- Gallagher Student Health Login (managed by Student Accounts for Health Insurance Plans/Waivers – login as email@example.com)
CONFIGURING TRINITY COLLEGE EMAIL ON A MOBILE DEVICE
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exchange Server: outlook.office365.com
- More settings information
ZOOM ACCESS – LOGGING ON
- Be sure you are using Trinity’s Pro version of Zoom, not the free version. Select SSO as your login option, trincoll for the company domain, and you’ll then be prompted for your Trinity credentials.
- More info and links to download Zoom
- Quick start guide for Zoom participants
LIBRARY AND RESEARCH SUPPORT
SHARING FILES – ONEDRIVE
FREE VIRTUAL SOFTWARE
- Windows Virtual Desktop – run lab software remotely
- Video training in software and business skills
- Go through Trinity for free access
- Email a file to email@example.com from your Trinity email and you’ll be able to print it from any public print station.
- You will receive $30 of free printing at the beginning of every semester.
- Black and white printing letter-sized paper is $.05/page, while color is $.15/page. Legal-sized and 11×17 paper options also available at Canon copier/printer stations.
- Get more details from the Public Printing Guide.
- How to use the campus locks (and update your ID Card on a HotSpot)
- Bantam Bucks debit system
- ID lost or stopped working? Please call the IS Desk for an in-person appointment to get a replacement, or a loaner card if the ID card office is closed.
- Replacement of lost IDs are $20 in Bantam Bucks.
- Turned 21? Please create a ticket to request your 21+ ID in-person appointment. If you’d like to replace the photo on your ID, you will upload a picture to this ticket (we are not doing in-person picture taking at this time).
Remote Learning and Working
Computer and Device Support
GENERAL HELP – LIBRARY AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DESK
- Phone: 860-297-2007
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a help request: ishelp.trincoll.edu
CONTACT STAS – STUDENT TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANTS
- Phone: 860-297-2589
- Email: email@example.com