The Trinity College Campus Safety Office maintains a daily crime and fire log, which is available for review upon request at the Campus Safety office, 76 Vernon Street, during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Trinity College Campus Safety Department maintains a log of crimes and fires reported to Campus Safety. The log includes all reported crimes and fires that occurred on campus, in or on non-campus buildings or property, on public property within the campus or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus, and within the patrol jurisdiction of the Campus Safety Department.
The Trinity College crime and fire log for the most recent 60-day period is open to public inspection, upon request, during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Campus Safety Headquarters (76 Vernon Street). Requests for records older than 60 days should be made to the Director of Campus Safety.
The crime and fire log contains the following information:
- The nature of the crime or fire
- The date the crime or fire was reported
- The date and time it occurred
- The general location of the crime or fire
- The disposition of the complaint, if known
The names of crime victims will be redacted for public inspection. Trinity College may temporarily withhold information in some cases if there is clear and convincing evidence that the release of information would:
- Jeopardize an ongoing investigation;
- Jeopardize the safety of an individual;
- Cause a suspect to flee or evade detection; or
- Result in the destruction of evidence.
Information will be disclosed once the adverse effect is no longer likely to occur.