About Trinity’s Bicentennial Celebration
In 1823, the Connecticut General Assembly granted a charter to incorporate Connecticut’s second college, Washington College, which later changed its name in 1845 to Trinity College. In mark our 200th year, we celebrate by honoring the richness of our history and making our collective commitments to the future.
Make your commitment to the future today. Learn more.
Over the course of the past year, many staff, faculty, alumni, and students were involved in developing the theme and programming, which includes more than 50 events designated Bicentennial events and extended digital engagement. The Bicentennial Steering Committee, three community-wide Celebration Committees, and initiative-focused working groups continue to lead the planning to honor what makes Trinity special—our people, places, and the liberal arts. Meet the members of the committees.
- Celebrate. Instill pride within our community, especially for alumni.
- Welcome. Invite alumni, families, and the local community to visit campus and see the College as it is today.
- Highlight. Showcase historic, worldwide contributions of the College and our community.
- Reflect and Dialogue. Elevate Trinity’s profile and its historic and future relevance through thought-provoking and inter-generational conversations.
- Engage and Involve. Provide engagement opportunities for all to support the future of the College.
Explore Trinity College’s History
This website is one of several created to celebrate our history, campus, and education.
Trinity College’s Archives, a unit within the Watkinson Library, collects, preserves, and makes available the official records of the College. This website would not be possible without the collaboration and dedication of College Archivist Eric Stoykovich and the staff of the Watkinson Library (Barbara Sternal, Amy FitzGerald, and Amanda Matava). Additional thanks goes to the remarkable staff and faculty who remain dedicated to producing the stories that shine a brilliant light on the College’s history and future. For questions about this website, please contact the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- May 16, 2023: Celebrating Charter Day!
- May 5, 2023: Welcome to Trinity College‘s Bicentennial
- April 20, 2023: Bicentennial Celebration Countdown!
- March 16, 2023: What Says Trinity to You?
- February 15, 2023: Bicentennial Updates
- January 9, 2023: Celebrate Trinity College’s Bicentennial Year
- October 12, 2022: Trinity College Bicentennial Update and Alumni Survey
- May 16, 2022: Celebrating Charter Day with a Bicentennial Update