Austin Arts Center
The hub of artistic life at Trinity College.
Be in the know:
- To receive invitations and reminders of music, theater and dance, and fine arts events at Trinity College, connect with the Austin Arts Center on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- For a complete list of events at Trinity College, click here. Austin Arts Center is planning various virtual events for the Spring 2021 semester.
Upcoming Austin Arts Center events:
Tuesdays, March and April
6:30 p.m. via Facebook Live
Performing Hartford is a Community Learning course and virtual performance series that highlights the diversity of artistic practice in the city of Hartford. Created collaboratively with Trinity alumna Jasmin Agosto.
Virtual Samba Fest
Tuesdays in April
7:00 p.m. via YouTube
This year’s Samba Fest is coming to YOU! Sit back and relax or get up and dance. Featuring Ivan Vilela, Yamandu Costa, Meninos de Minas, and Ivan Lins with Marco Brito.
Everybody is an Artist: An Interactive Event
Friday, April 9
7:00 p.m. via Zoom
Inspired by the Pablo Picasso quote, “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”, Janis Brenner will look at the creative impulse that is innate within each of us.
Attention, Presence, and Interaction: A Creative Workshop with Caleb Nussear and Peter Kyle
Saturday, April 10
12:30 – 2:30 p.m. via Zoom
Information and registration coming soon!
Interfacing: Performance and Practice
Friday, April 16
7:00 p.m. via Zoom
Join Marielis Garcia for a live virtual dance performance that explored the point at which multiple systems interact. In the second hald the of the evening Marielis will be joined in conversation by Peter Kyle, Assistant Professor of Theater and Dance.
Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24
7:30 p.m. part LIVE, part via Zoom
Friday at 7:30 p.m. is a LIVE and in-person performance ‘neath the elms on the Main Quad, followed by a video presentation projected on The Chapel at 8:15 p.m. — open to Trinity College campus only.
Saturday at 7:30 p.m., students and faculty will present a compilation of dances for the camera and works created for Zoom — all are welcome.
Urinetown: The Musical
Wednesday – Friday, April 28 – 30 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 1 at 2:00 and 7:00 p.m.
In the post-apocalyptic dystopia of Urinetown, water is in such short supply that it has become the key economic commodity; so much so that characters are obliged to pay a huge and corrupt corporation for the “privilege to pee”.
- For tickets, please call the Austin Arts Center Box Office at (860) 297-2199. The Box Office is open Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. , and prior to events. Closed Sunday.
- The AAC Box Office is currently closed for the Spring 2021 semester.
- The Widener Gallery is open Monday – Friday, 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday.
- In keeping with Trinity guidelines during COVID-19, Widener Gallery is only open to the Trinity campus community for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Widener Gallery will be able to be viewed virtually. Please check back for details.
- For a recording of directions to the campus, please call the Trinity College Information Line at (860) 297-2001.
- Questions? E-mail AustinArtsInfo@trincoll.edu. Email is for inquiries only; no ticket reservations, please.