We have created a new feature in WordPress that allows faculty and staff to post announcements for the Trinity community. Announcements are intended for brief messages that need wide distribution to the campus.
Who can post announcements?
Any staff member or member of the faculty who is a trained WordPress user can request access from the Office of Communications. If you have not yet been trained in WordPress, we’d be happy to get you started—just send us an email! Students who wish to post announcements can contact the Office of Communications for assistance.
How are announcements distributed?
Announcements are published daily in the Trinity Today email, which is delivered to faculty, staff, and students. They are also available on the college’s website, where you can filter by type, audience, and source.
What policies and restrictions apply?
Announcements are intended to communicate information that is not an event. Events are published using the campus events calendar and the daily Trinity Today email.
- Examples of announcements: deadlines, calls for nominations, and parking advisories
- Examples of things that are not appropriate for announcements: any scheduled events, like lectures, performances, or workshops
Additionally, remember that although your announcement may be intended for an internal audience, it will be visible to the world. So it’s always a good idea to check your spelling.
A few more guidelines:
- Announcements must be related to Trinity.
- Keep titles brief—there will be plenty of room for details in the main body.
- Avoid using ALL CAPS.
- Please include contact information in case people have questions.
If you have questions or would like to request access to post campus announcements, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.