May 4, 2022
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
As of Tuesday, May 3, 2022, we are writing to inform you that we have 115 active COVID cases, 111 students, and 4 employees or affiliates, with the majority of students isolating on campus.
Because of this latest increase in cases, we ask all campus members to be vigilant about managing COVID as we enter the closing weeks of the spring semester. We strongly encourage that any socials or events where food is served be moved to outdoor venues. Community members must keep a mask with them and should be prepared to wear it upon entering a space where it is necessary or upon request. Please respect the request if you are asked to wear a mask.
As a reminder, please follow the masking expectations we shared on March 11. Indoor mask mandates remain in effect in the following locations:
- All classroom, lab, studio, and instructional spaces during scheduled classes
- All healthcare facilities
- Indoor athletic and performance art events or other gatherings that include external audiences
- Any campus space where signage indicates masking is required
- Individual offices and group meetings, when requested by the host or participants
The testing trailer (located near the baseball field) is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Anyone who believes they may have been exposed to COVID or simply are not feeling well should get tested.
Thank you for your continued attention to this matter. We will continue to keep the dashboard updated so that you can remain informed.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Dan Hitchell, Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer