April 13, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
This afternoon, we are providing an update on COVID-19 cases within our community.
As we anticipated, 29 of the student cases from last week remained symptom-free and have been cleared from isolation since Saturday. From Monday’s tests, we saw 15 new active cases, all students. These cases are mostly associated with students who were either in quarantine from last week or who were recently identified as close contacts to a small number of new cases. The additional cases bring our current total to 35 (32 students and 3 affiliates/employees).
At this time, therefore, we will remain at a yellow alert level through at least Friday, April 16. As of today, the following operations are in effect (note: supervised campus and recreational activities and athletic practices are being allowed as they have not shown to be a source of transmission and are being conducted following all public health measures):
- Campus activities are permitted outdoors and limited to 29 if supervised by a faculty/staff member and six if unsupervised; face masks and proper physical distancing are required at all times.
- Supervised athletic practices and recreational activities are allowed with proper supervision.
- Dining is grab-n-go only.
- Student residence hall access is limited to their own floors only, and common areas are closed; as always, students who live off-campus are not permitted in residence halls, and students on campus are not permitted in off-campus housing.
- Travel off-campus by students is for essential purposes only. Contact the Student and Community Life office (email@example.com) if you need to travel.
- Work-related or college-sponsored travel by employees is for essential purposes only.
- Visitors are allowed in limited circumstances and for pre-approved reasons only (Admissions visitors are permitted, and Cinestudio and Trinfo.Café are open)
Thank you for your continued commitment to all health and safety practices. We will write again this week with an update.
Joe DiChristina, Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management
Jason Rojas, Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President for External Relations