Please review the information below before contacting the Office of Events and Campus Operations about having a wedding at Trinity College.
◦ The Chapel is open to any couple wishing to be married here, with priority given to individuals with a connection to Trinity College.
◦ During the academic session, space is at a premium on campus. Weddings may occur, but only if they do not disrupt College operations.
◦ Weddings may not occur during major College events (e.g. Commencement, Move-In Day).
◦ Large receptions are only held during the summer break in the Washington Room or Smith House lawn. During the academic session, the Reese Room, Admissions Grand Room and Hamlin Dining Hall are available for small receptions (50 people).
◦ All reservations are made through the Events and Campus Operations Office.
◦ Contact the Events and Campus Operations Office ([email protected]) to begin the reservation process. In the email, please list preferred wedding dates. N.B. Please take the availability of the officiant into consideration when requesting dates for the ceremony.
◦ The Events and Campus Operations Office will email you concerning availability of the requested dates. If dates are available, an application form will accompany this email.
◦ Upon receipt of the application and deposit (50% of the Chapel fee), a member of the Events and Campus Operations Office will contact you to confirm the wedding date and discuss logistics of the ceremony.
◦ No wedding is confirmed until the Events and Campus Operations Office receives the application form and deposit and a member of the office provides a written confirmation.
◦ Ceremonies are customarily held on Saturdays; rehearsals are held on Friday evenings (5:00 – 6:00 p.m.).
◦ The Chapel holds approximately 300 people.
◦ The Chapel is not air conditioned.
◦ There are no dressing rooms in the Chapel.
◦ Although the Chapel itself is accessible to individuals with mobility issues, there are no accessible bathrooms in the building.
◦ The following only pertains to groups not being married in the Chapel. For those having a ceremony in the Chapel, photography will be discussed in detail.
◦ Photography is only allowed outside.
◦ All groups wishing to take photographs on campus must register with the College.