The Commencement ceremony will be held rain or shine on the Main Quadrangle. In the event of extreme weather, the ceremony will be moved indoors.
The Commencement ceremony will be held rain or shine on the Main Quad. Graduates are free to wear rain gear over their gowns. High heels are not recommended. Guests should come prepared for all weather conditions, including rain or hot sun.
In the Event of Extreme Weather
In the event of extreme weather conditions that threaten personal safety (such as a severe thunderstorm), the Commencement ceremony may be held in the Koeppel Community Sports Center (175 New Britain Avenue). In the unlikely event that the ceremony must beheld in the Koeppel Community Sports Center, seating will be limited to four guest tickets per graduate. Extreme weather tickets will be distributed to degree candidates at the end of the spring semester. IDP, master’s, spring semester study away, and December completers’ extreme weather tickets will be mailed to their preferred address.
If changes are required due to extreme weather, details will be communicated by 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 19, in the following ways:
- An announcement on Trinity Today
- A broadcast email to the campus community (faculty, staff, and students)
- A notice on www.trincoll.edu
Ceremony Viewing Locations
The following locations will be available for friends and family members who do not have extreme weather tickets to view the ceremony:
- Boyer Auditorium, Jacob Life Sciences Center (see on campus map)
- Cinestudio, Clement Chemistry Building (see on campus map)
- Goodwin Theater, Austin Arts Center (see on campus map)
- McCook Auditorium, McCook Academic Building (see on campus map)
- Vernon Social, 114 Vernon Street (see on campus map)
- Washington Room, Mather Hall (see on campus map)
A live video of the Commencement ceremony will be available online beginning at 10:30 a.m. Check our website or our YouTube channel for the live broadcast.