Beginning in mid-June, the first round of users will be notified via email from our Library & Information Services Team.
You may often hear in the news or may have experienced yourself the unfortunate effects of cyber criminals trying to hack or steal data, demand ransoms, and so on. At Trinity, we need to protect the vital student, faculty, and staff data that we may encounter daily. Trinity will start to roll out licenses to Jamf, an Apple Enterprise Management system immediately.
Jamf lets us manage and secure Apple devices in a way that meets the needs of modern and mobile users — to address IT problems, improve security, and configure devices on the backend so that you can work with minimal to no interruptions. What’s more, its on-demand app catalog empowers you to get the resources you need when it’s convenient for you. It has already been deployed and tested in our Mac classrooms and labs.
This service meets Trinity’s Information Security Office requirements and will be a requirement for compliance at Trinity.
- Reliability: Receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
- Time efficiency: Deployment and updating processes run in the background, freeing up more time for you to be productive.
- Flexibility: Choose when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your device through self-service portals.
- Security: IT will manage the security of your device, so you don’t have to. Rest assured that software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well-maintained. Should your device be lost or stolen, it can be wiped remotely.
- Remote assistance: You will get a fast resolution of issues without needing a deskside visit.
- Confidentiality: No personal data is scanned, indexed, or transmitted off your device. Jamf servers also keep full audit logs of any actions performed by Jamf administrators.
If you use a Trinity-owned Mac computer, you will receive a separate e-mail in the coming weeks.
Feel free to reach out to your regional technician, or the Library & IT Desk, at 860-297-2100.