To comply with the student health insurance coverage requirement, returning students are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and charged the annual insurance premium fee to their tuition bill. To waive or enroll, all students must log into www.gallagherstudent/Trinty by August 6, 2021.
All full-time matriculated undergraduate Trinity College students are required to maintain health insurance that is comparable in coverage and benefits to the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offered through the school. Home insurance must provide coverage in the Hartford area. In accordance with this requirement, we have automatically enrolled you in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and charged the annual insurance premium fee to your tuition bill. Insurance coverage is effective 8-1-2021 through 7-31-2022.
To waive or enroll, all students must log into www.gallagherstudent/Trinty
Plan materials for the upcoming year will be posted to the website as soon as they are available, however in the meantime you can refer to the 2020-2021 plan materials to learn about the plan.
*Highlights of the 2021-2022 SHIP underwritten by Wellfleet:
- Fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Unlimited policy year maximum
- Annual deductibles: $250 In-Network and $500 Out-of-Network
- In-Network Physician’s Office Visits covered at 100% after a $40 copayment
- In-Network services generally covered at 80% of Negotiated Charge
- Prescription drug coverage with low copayments: $5 generic, $40 brand name, $40 non-preferred brand name
* The information provided above is used as a general summary of benefits, for a detailed plan description, limitations, and exclusions, visit our website.
The deadline to submit a form is August 6, 2021 and Forms cannot be submitted after the deadline.
To learn more about the Student Health Insurance Plan, your school’s insurance requirements and how to waive or enroll, go to www.gallagherstudent.com/Trinity. If you plan to waive, your current insurance must be fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act and provide access to doctors near your school. Please note you should have your health insurance ID card available if you plan to waive.
Even if you waive, Voluntary Dental Insurance is available to all students on our website www.gallagherstudent.com/dental
For more information, visit www.gallagherstudent.com/Trinity