The Science Center, along with partners in Advancement and Career Development, began and sponsors the Science for the Greater Good lecture series.
Featuring prominent Trinity science alumni, the series aims to bring alums back to campus to talk about their work and to mentor students. How is science used for the greater good? How does science contribute to society? How are Trinity alums active in this process? These lectures aim to answer these questions.
- February 13, 2020: Dr. Ann McNichol ’78, studies ocean health as a Senior Research Specialist in Geology and Geophysics at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (WHOI)
- November 14, 2019: Christopher Scola ’86, is the Chief of Radiology at Hartford Hospital
- Oct., 11, 2018: Dr. Michael Trigg ’71, https://www.metdevelop.com/about/
- Oct. 12, 2017: Dr. Stuart Koman ‘76, Walden Behavioral Care
- Nov. 10, 2016: Dr. Martin Nweeia ’77, Dentist and Marine Mammal Biologist, Narwhal Tusk Research (and National Geographic Explorer)
- Oct. 13, 2016: Dr. Peter Amenta ’75, President and CEO of Joslin Diabetes Center
- Nov. 19, 2015: Dr. Douglas MacDonald ’89, Director of Drug Discovery at CHDI Foundation, in collaboration with Neuroscience 25th anniversary. Keyword: Huntington’s Disease. http://chdifoundation.org/about-us/
- Oct. 15, 2015: Dr. Jonathan Gates ’79, P’17, Medical Director, Trauma Services, Department of trauma, Burns and Surgical Critical Care, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Associate Professor, Harvard University. http://www.trincoll.edu/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/pages/DrGates2015.aspx
- Sept. 24 2015: Dr. Douglas Coulter ’80, Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Neuroscience in collaboration with Neuroscience 25th anniversary. Keyword: Epilepsy:http://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/faculty/index.php/g20003260/c2126/p10704
- Feb 12, 2015: Dr. Timothy Cross ’76 (Earl Freiden Professor of Chemistry, Florida State University)
- Nov. 13, 2014: Dr. Andrew Stewart ’70 (Director, Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine). Read more.
- Oct. 9, 2014: Nancy Davis ’79 (Vice President and Chief Information Officer, United Technologies Corporation, retired). Read more.
- Sept. 11, 2014: Dr. Jane Bearinger ‘90 (biochemist, career at national lab, now founder/CEO of Corporos, Inc., molecular diagnostics)
- Feb. 25, 2014: Dr. Arlene Forastiere ’71, Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs at Eviti, Inc., Chair of Eviti’s Medical Advisory Board, Professor of Oncology at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University
- Nov. 21, 2013: Dr. David Weinstein ’90, Glycogen Storage Disease Program, University of Florida
- Nov. 14, 2013: Dr. Henry DePhillips ‘82, Chief Medical Officer, Teledoc
- Oct. 24, 2013: Dr. John Robson ‘70, Brown University
- Oct. 3, 2013: Dr. Peter Chupas ‘99, Argonne National Lab
- Sept. 12, 2013: Dr. Chris Hillyer ’80, CEO of New York Blood Bank