Trinity’s holistic approach to Wellness places an emphasis on how students care for themselves, one another, and their world, establishing and sustaining positive values, habits, and behaviors during their time at Trinity and beyond.
Wellness Requirement Learning Goals:
- Students will be equipped with the tools to balance personal well-being with their social, academic, extra-curricular, and professional commitments.
- Students will learn and discuss the practice of establishing goals to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Students will strengthen their understanding of social and cultural difference and will practice being an active and responsible member of a diverse heterogeneous community.
- Students will learn how to engage and care for the world in a responsible manner and make choices to support a sustainable lifestyle.
- Students will define what wellness means to them and delineate goals in all three categories of the program while considering the interaction and interconnectivity of these spheres.
Students must complete FOUR wellness experiences, including at least one experience in each of the three Wellness categories. Each Wellness experience requires a minimum of eight hours of direct engagement and provides an opportunity for student reflection.
Learning Goal: Provide students with the tools to maintain mental, physical, and spiritual health
- Bodily Health and Care
- Physical Education
- Mental Health Wellness Programs
- Mindfulness Training
- Stress Management Programs
- Spiritual Practices
- Nutrition Programs
- Self-Defense Training
- Varsity Sports and Club Sports with a full time staff head coach
- Dance and Somatic Classes
Learning Goal: Maintain a healthy community and promote responsible choices to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Cultural and Sexual Sensitivity Training
- Intercultural Learning
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Restorative Justice Programming
- Sexual Health Programming
- Alcohol/Substance Abuse Prevention Training
- Interpersonal Communication
- Safety (CPR, First Aid, Life Guard Training)
Learning Goal: Foster responsible choices that enable civic participation and support sustainable lifestyles to maintain a healthy planet.
- Financial Literacy Training
- Digital Health
- Socio-economic understanding
- Climate Emergency Awareness
- Environmental Stewardship
- Leadership Training
- Negotiation Skills
- Collaboration/Team Building
- Maps/Mapping and Navigation
- Citizenship and Community Activism
- Civic Partnership