Trinity’s Commencement ceremony is held outdoors on the Main Quad, rain or shine. Graduates can invite an unlimited number of guests; there are no tickets and there is ample seating for general audiences.
Tickets for Extreme Weather Conditions
If the ceremony is held inside at the Koeppel Community Sports Center (175 New Britain Avenue) due to extreme weather conditions, students are limited to four guests per graduate. Extreme weather tickets will be distributed to degree candidates at the end of the spring semester. Please review the inclement/extreme weather section.
Ceremony Viewing Locations
The following locations will be available for friends and family members who do not have extreme weather tickets to view the ceremony:
- Boyer Auditorium, Jacob Life Sciences Center (see on campus map)
- Cinestudio, Clement Chemistry Building (see on campus map)
- Goodwin Theater, Austin Arts Center (see on campus map)
- McCook Auditorium, McCook Academic Building (see on campus map)
- Vernon Social, 114 Vernon Street (see on campus map)
- Washington Room, Mather Hall (see on campus map)
All Commencement guests are asked to be seated by 10:30 a.m. as the processional begins at 10:50 a.m. Commencement seating will open at 9:00 a.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. Any signs placed on seats prior to 9:00 a.m. will be removed.
A live video of the Commencement ceremony will be available online beginning at 10:30 a.m. Check our website or our YouTube channel for the live broadcast.