Professional Conference Presentations

Conference expenses for students presenting or co-presenting research that they have conducted at Trinity College will be reimbursed at the rate of 100 percent of transportation costs and registration fees, and 50 percent of lodging.  This support must be requested well in advance of the conference and requests must include a letter of recommendation from the sponsoring faculty member.  Support will be limited to one conference per student per year.  Requests​ should be sent to the Director of Academic Finance in the Dean of Faculty’s Office by completing and returning the Travel Request Form. Due to the steep increases in airfares and the decline in value of the U.S. dollar, it is unlikely that student travel outside the continental U.S. will be approved.

Student Travel Guidelines

All students studying, conducting research, or doing other college-sponsored activities in a country with a U.S. State Department Travel Warnings must submit a signed waiver (a parent must also sign) along with their requests for funding.​ In addition, all students whose travel includes countries with travel warnings must contact Jennifer Summerhays, director of  the Office of Study Away​, to discuss the warning, as well as health and safety conditions in the country.   All students traveling abroad should also sign up through the Office of Study Away for International SOS, which includes comprehensive medical coverage, including emergency medical evacuation and evacuation for political unrest, etc. This is an inexpensive plan designed to assist students traveling abroad and is very important to have.