1) Ride free with Bantam Bus Pass: Trinity students may contact the Office of Community Service and Civic Engagement in Mather basement to request a Bantam Bus Pass for unlimited free rides on the CT Transit bus system. Or pay the regular one-way adult fare of $1.75 and bring exact change.
Highly recommended: download the free Transit app (screenshot above) to your Apple or Android smartphone for directions and real-time bus data.
Buses that stop at Trinity College:
- 37-39-41 New Britain Ave busses stop near Trinity ice rink
- to head downdown, catch bus at Henry St. (The Tap)
- stop at Main and Arch Street (ffor Hartford Public Library, City Hall, Wadsworth Atheneum)
- stop at Main and Central Row (short walk to 10 Constitution Plaza, Trinity downtown campus)
- to head back to campus, catch bus at Main and Pearl (Gold Building)
- 61 Broad Street bus stops at Vernon Street near Trinfo Cafe
- to head downdown, catch bus at Vernon St (Trinfo Cafe)
- stop at Capitol Ave (for State Capitol, Bushnell)
- stop at Pearl and Lewis St (short walk to 10 Constitution Plaza, Trinity downtown campus)
- to head back to campus, catch bus at Main and Gold St (across from Wadsworth Athenueum)
Use any of these busses to head to downtown Hartford (a 15-minute ride) to transfer to other routes.
See real-time bus data in the map below (open map in a new tab) by Action Lab web developer Ilya Ilyankou ’18.
Or use Google Maps Directions to plan your trip.