Designing Your College Experience is a 2-week program rooted in the human-centered approach of design thinking, a process for creative problem solving, which will support students in their journey of getting more out of their college experience no matter where they attend.
Dates: August 2- 13, 2021
Duration: 10 days
Meetings: Monday-Friday, 1:00 – 4:00 PM (ET)
Audience: This program will interest students who want to use creative problem-solving and design thinking to craft a more fulfilling and meaningful college experience for themselves.
Method of Instruction: Live on Zoom
To Enroll: Trinity Pre-College Programs Enrollment Form
The program provides students entering college with the practical design thinking tools and ideas needed to craft a more fulfilling college experience. The program topics include: the purpose of college, major selection, educational wayfinding, developing and communicating your personal brand, and innovating college outcomes. This program incorporates small group discussion, in-class activities, field exercises, personal reflection, and individual coaching.
- Understand Design Thinking and appropriate mindsets/dispositions and how it differs from traditional thinking.
- Leverage the principles of design thinking to be able to navigate the college experience.
- Design a plan that will guide their career and academic decision making.
- Gain energy management skills to better balance their lives.
- Use a design thinking framework to learn how to broaden your exploration for possible career and academic identities.
- Develop a personal brand and communicate it to an audience.
- Collaborate with others through interactive exercises.
Meet the Instructor:
Executive Director of Student Success and Career Development