Welcome Parents and Families!
It is always an honor to welcome new students and their families into our community. We are thankful for you supporting your student’s decision to attend Trinity. We understand this is the start of a new journey not only for incoming students but also for the support system that has prepared them for this special time in their lives. Whether you are an alum who is returning ‘Neath the Elms with your student or a family member who is stepping onto The Long Walk for the first time, our mission is to support you through this transition.
PARENT & FAMILY ORIENTATION
This year, we are offering a full-day, on-campus Parent and Family Orientation on Friday, September 3.
Orientation for parents and family members of new students is a one-day program where you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about a variety of student services including the Bantam Network, financial aid, student health, community safety, counseling, career planning, spiritual and religious life, and student engagement opportunities.
- Meet college staff and faculty, learning about their roles at the college and their contributions to student learning and development.
- Meet current Trinity students and find out their perspectives on campus life and living in Hartford.
- Learn about the many ways for parents and families to contribute to the adjustment and achievement of a Trinity student, as well as the transition you will experience at home.
- Find answers to your questions about student life away from home, college level study, and the academic and social environments at Trinity College.
Anticipated Schedule of Sessions (subject to change):
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Check-in
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.: Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Welcome Address
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: Question & Answer Session
11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Parent – to – Parent Discussion
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Lunch with Faculty and Staff
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Breakout Session 1
2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.: Breakout Session 2
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Closing Reception
Parent and Family orientation is not mandatory, but by participating you can learn more about Trinity and gain a greater understanding of what students will be experiencing. For those that cannot join us in-person on Friday, September 3, online resources will be available.