Kaltura & Streaming Video
Kaltura is a video streaming tool that allows students and faculty to create and share media content from anywhere and any device. It is accessible via Moodle or the Trinity College Media Portal. See our Introduction to Kaltura page for an overview of the various ways Kaltura can be used, from course viewing assignments to screencasts.
More tips on using Kaltura:
- One way to grab short video clips is by using Kaltura Capture. Normally Kaltura Capture is used to load videos to Kaltura mediaspace or Moodle but it can be used to create screen captures to be used locally as well. To start login at https://trincoll.mediaspace.kaltura.com/ Click add new and start Kaltura Capture. If it is not […]
- Viewing statistics are available to instructors on all Kaltura videos in a course. Data can be viewed throughout the semester and shortly after the semester ends. Once videos are removed from the course, the data becomes unavailable. Log in to your Moodle course, and go to the course Media gallery. In the upper right corner […]
- The video below demonstrates how to trim the ends, or remove the middle of videos in Kaltura. The post Trim and Crop Kaltura video appeared first on Digital Learning & Scholarship.
- Once you have uploaded your video or audio to My Media, you can publish the video and share it to a course. While in Moodle, Go to My Media and open your video. Under the actions menu, select Publish, then choose the “Published” option. (This will not make the video visible outside of Moodle). At […]
- When films have been digitized and linked from Kaltura to a Moodle course, they are accessible through the Kaltura Media Gallery link. Students can view films through the Kaltura Media Gallery throughout the semester without any further action from the instructor. However, films in the Kaltura Media Gallery can be added to Topics or Weeks […]
See all Kaltura articles on the