The Center for Student Success and Career Development is here to support Trinity College students remotely.
We understand there are many unknowns right now that make it difficult to focus on your career, and that’s okay. We are here for you when you are ready with continually evolving virtual resources to meet your needs. Please work with us while we make this transition to adjusting our services. We are finding ways to serve all students through virtual appointments, email résumé and cover letter reviews, webinars, pre-recorded videos, and online resources. Regularly check back at this website for updates in services and resources.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests and questions.
Check out our recent Job Search Strategies Webinar about searching for internships and jobs during summer 2020. Great advice for current students and recent graduates!
Career Coaching Appointments
Students can schedule virtual one-on-one career coaching appointments in Handshake. We offer phone and Zoom appointments.
- Video – How to schedule a virtual 1-1 appointment in Handshake (1 minute)
Email email@example.com if you are having difficulty finding a time that works for you.
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020 Career Development Interns will offer career document reviews over email.
To request a review of your résumé or cover letter email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your goals for the critique and how you will be using the document. Please be specific.
E.g. Résumé review for marketing internship, cover letter for analyst position with Infosys, résumé for law school applications, master résumé updates, etc.
- Copy of the document in Microsoft Word (recommended) or a link to Google Docs with “anyone with link can edit” access provided.
- Copy of relevant position description.
Feedback on your career document will be shared via email within 48 business hours. Email requests must contain all relevant details above to ensure a timely review.
All Career Development Interns have signed confidentiality agreements and receive intensive training on document reviews.
Employers are starting to convert their in-person information sessions to virtual events. Career Development is updating many previously scheduled spring events to a virtual format and developing new virtual offerings. Take a look through the Events section of Handshake on a regular basis for new opportunities. Can’t make an event? We’ll be adding the recordings of Trinity-hosted virtual webinars in Handshake!
- Tuesday, May 12, 7pm: Job Search Strategies – Summer 2020 / Virtual Panel and Insights, Board of Trustee Members (Seniors Only)
- Thursday, May 22, 7pm: The Future of the Real Estate Industry During and After COVID-19 Hosted by Alumni Relations Office
- Find additional Employer Virtual Events and Info Sessions in Handshake and access events hosted by other schools in the northeast.
Digital Career Resources
The following resources can be used at your own pace to support throughout your career journey. To access online resources, log into your Handshake account, and go to the Resources section or click on one of the links below.
- Handshake – Search for internships and jobs, register for virtual events and workshops, make career coaching appointments, network with employers and peers. Update your profile and career interests to help us help you find relevant opportunities.
- Bantam Career Network – Network with Trinity community members including alumni to learn about internships and jobs and explore majors and careers.
- LinkedIn – Search for internships and jobs, network with alumni using Alumni Search Tool, build your networking profile.
- Video in tailoring your LinkedIn profile’s URL (1 minute)
- Big Interview – Learn interviewing strategies and record yourself practicing interview answers.
- FOCUS2 – Complete personal assessments to reflect on values, interests, skills and explore majors and careers.
- Vault – Research companies, explore internships, review industry trends and access in-depth industry guides.
- GoinGlobal – Access city and country guides for advice on working in the U.S. and around the world, search for internships and jobs, and access H1B Visa information.
Trinity College Career Guides
- Résumé Guide
- Video – How to move dates and locations to the right on your résumé (1 minute)
- Professional Writing Guide: Cover Letters, Letters of Inquiry, Networking Communications
- Internship Guide
- Job Search Guide
- Networking Guide: Bantam Career Network, LinkedIn, Handshake, Informational Interviews
- Graduate School Guide